Social Media plays significant role in our lives. No one is untouched by the effects of social media and it’s a platform which operates faster than any other media available. Social media which originated to stay in touch & for entertainment has gradually entered into our daily lives in almost all aspects – news, information, current happenings, researching something, getting sources, connecting with each other, all are done by means of Social media.
“Social media has become really fundamental to the way that billions of people get information about the world and connect with each other, which raises the stakes enormously.”–Kevin Werbach
Social media i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Pinterest, snapchat, WhatsApp, usage is certainly on the peak and is steadily increasing after the closure of the world due to COVID 19 which increased the online activities on social media.
According to the Statista, there are an estimated 3.6 billion people on social networks, worldwide and that number is expected to rise to 4.41 billion by the year 2025.
According to the recent insight done by hootsuite regarding the most used social platforms as per July 2020 shows the incline towards Facebook is higher than any other platform.
According to the research done by Global webindex,
Social media users are now spending an average of 2 hours and 24 minutes per day multinetworking across an average of 8 social networks and messaging apps.
Social media has also stepped up into business & many big companies and organizations are vastly using social media to promote their product and services.
Social media has given a voice to many small businesses and large organizations to communicate with their potential and target customers via this platform.
Companies like BMW, Apple, Oneplus & government sectors, NGOs all are using social media for building their brand image and reaching out to the larger audiences, than ever, to promote their product or service.
Social media marketing is the part of digital marketing where companies and businesses target to connect and promote their brand in such a way that people tend to connect with that brand to use the products and services.
Various engaging campaigns are running campaigns organically and inorganically to attract the target audiences on the basis of geographical location, age group, behavior, interest etc.
Social media has become a virtual identity of a business which also enhances its credibility with its clients.
Let’s have a look on the benefits of social media marketing for businesses:
- Social Media marketing can help any business get new customers and also retain them by providing them 24×7 support when needed. Engaging with customers can actually help in getting new customers. With the advancement of time, people have started relying on online reviews and companies make sure that they get positive feedback from their consumers. This helps in creating a new customer base on the basis of positive feedback.
- Social Media marketing can help identifying the target market on the basis of factors like locations, behavior, interests, demographic info, gender etc.
- Businesses can also get an idea of their competitors through social media and they can anticipate and come up with more aggressive marketing tactics to attract customers.
- Relevant hashtags can trend the business on top. With the help of social media marketing, contents can be posted & added on social media along with the relevant hashtags, which the potential customer can see and engage with.
- Traffics on business websites can be increased if the official website and the social media can be linked. By this, engagements can be driven to the official website by sharing the link on social media platforms.
- . Social media can be incredibly effective tool for generating leads by planning and organizing marketing tactics to increase the reach and attract more leads.
- Promoting success stories of organizations on social media helps enhancing client base. Many clients want to know more about the organization before engaging with them for business. Social media marketing is doing this job by connecting with the emotions of the customers and showcasing them the content they want to see.
- Faster and easier communication is also a very important reason why businesses are preferring social media marketing. Companies can also have an idea about the customer’s feedback and they also find easy to answer them and understand the complications if there’s any to improve in their services or products.
- There is lower advertising cost involved in social media campaigns in comparison to the higher print flyers, TV ads, posters etc. costs. The reach is also higher as compared to offline modes. With the help of campaigns businesses can target their desired customers & get the faster results.
Social Media marketing is essential now. It’s no longer an option & if one has to survive in this competitive market where everyday is a new challenge. It’s an important medium to reach out the customers, gain insights and regrow the brand. Even Social Media platform like Facebook is giving options to small businesses to set up their whole virtual workplace on social platform to promote and earn.
After the reviving of the economy which is grappling with post covid damages businesses will prefer using social media marketing for the growth as compared to the old school marketing practices where one has to visit locations & pitch their business agenda to attract clients. Social media marketing has changed the entire practice in a positive way.